§ 10:162-5.1 Affiliation and renewal-of-affiliation agreements
(a) In order to treat Intoxicated Driver Resource Center/Intoxicated Driving Program clients, a treatment agency or provider shall sign a standard affiliation or renewal-of-affiliation agreement (see Appendices A and B). All affiliation and renewal-of-affiliation agreements are subject to approval by the Intoxicated Driving Program for compliance with the requirements of N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.3 and 5.6 as applicable (see Alternatives Counseling Center, Inc. v. New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, N.J. Super. Ct., App. Div. No. A-45-98T5, Oct. 8, 1999). All such affiliation and renewal-of-affiliation agreements shall expire at the end of the last day of June of the relevant calendar year.
(b) The chief of the Intoxicated Driving Program or an Intoxicated Driver Resource Center Director may approve an individual treatment plan at a non-affiliated agency or provider in or out of the State. Such approval shall not exceed four months and shall be approved in the best interest of a client.
(c) All approved treatment programs shall report to the Division of Addiction Services through the Division's Alcohol and Drug Abuse Data System or any successor treatment management information system implemented by the Division
§ 10:162-5.2. Application for affiliation
(a) An applicant for affiliation may contact the Intoxicated Driving Program, PO Box 365, Trenton, NJ 08625-9365, (609) 588-3547, which shall provide the applicant with a list of the IDRCs. The applicant shall make request for affiliation to the IDRC. Upon receipt of a request for affiliation from an applicant, an IDRC shall provide the applicant with a standard affiliation agreement as specified in N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.1, which shall serve as the application form. The IDRC shall include as part of the application a current statement of IDRC needs regarding client volume, modalities of service, geographic requirements, cultural needs of the population served, and client accessibility. A copy of this statement shall be filed with the IDP and kept current by the IDRC.
(b) It shall be the responsibility of the IDRC Director initially to evaluate each application for affiliation or renewal of affiliation of each applicant after a site visit or providers meeting for compliance with (c) and (d)1 and 2 below.
(c) Every treatment program and individual provider shall conform to N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 et seq., 45:2D-1 et seq., 26:2H-1 et seq. and 40A:9-22.1 et seq., N.J.A.C. 10:162, as appropriate, and shall submit the following information to the IDP and to the IDRC:
1. A statement that the program or provider conforms to and will abide by N.J.S.A. 39:4-50 et seq., 45:2D-1 et seq., 26:2H-1 et seq. and 40A:9-22.1 et seq., N.J.A.C. 10:162, as amended and supplemented and any rules adopted pursuant thereto;
2. Copies of valid State licenses or certifications, as applicable, required by N.J.S.A. 26:2H-1 et seq. or 45:2D-1 et seq.;
3. A fee schedule, including any sliding fee schedule, and whether fees can be paid by health insurance;
4. The address, telephone number, hours of operation and contact person for each office location;
5. A written description of treatment philosophy, program requirements, and treatment curriculum;
6. A list of proposed IDRC-affiliated program staff and their resumes; and
7. Proof of commercial liability insurance, and individual or agency professional liability insurance as appropriate.
(d) The Intoxicated Driver Resource Center shall attach a statement to the agreement signed by the Center Director certifying that:
1. The facility (outpatient facilities only) is accessible to its clients, in that it is convenient to public transportation or reachable by motor vehicle within 30 minutes of normal drive time; and
2. The facility is suitable as a place of treatment in that it is licensed by the Department of Human Services to provide alcohol and drug treatment services if a residential facility, or that it is physically inspected by the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center and approved by the Division of Addiction Services as meeting rules adopted pursuant to N.J.S.A. 26:2H-1 et seq. if an outpatient agency or provider.
(e) The Chief of the IDP, after receipt and review of a signed affiliation or renewal of affiliation agreement, using the criteria found at N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.3 and 5.6 as applicable, shall indicate approval by signing the agreement. Copies of the agreement shall be distributed to all parties to it.
§ 10:162-5.3. Treatment program affiliation criteria
(a) The Chief of the IDP shall determine that an agency or provider is appropriate for affiliation or renewal of affiliation if it:
1. Conforms to the requirements of N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.2(c) and (d);
2. Meets the needs of an Intoxicated Driver Resource Center as set forth in the statement of IDRC needs described in N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.2(a); and
3. Is deemed suitable to accomplish the purposes of the program as defined in N.J.A.C. 10:162-1.1.
§ 10:162-5.4. Notification of staffing changes
An affiliated agency or provider which makes management or staff changes affecting Intoxicated Driver Resource Center clients during the affiliation year shall notify the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center of any such changes immediately and shall submit proof of licenses and certifications as appropriate. The Intoxicated Driver Resource Center shall notify the Intoxicated Driving Program of such changes no later than 30 days from receipt of notification by the affiliated agency or provider.
§ 10:162-5.5. Renewal of affiliation agreements
The Director of the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center shall be responsible for initiating the process of renewal of affiliation agreements after conducting an annual site visit and/or providers meeting. Each agency renewing its affiliation will complete a standard renewal of affiliation agreement (see appendix B). The Director of the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center shall attach a certification to the renewal agreement as specified in N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.2(d) and forward the package to the Intoxicated Driving Program for approval pursuant to N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.3.
§ 10:162-5.6. Criteria for renewal
All affiliated agencies or providers in order to be eligible for renewal shall meet the criteria established in N.J.A.C. 10:162-5.3.